Roma Empowerment Through Intangible Cultural Heritage
0.6 FTE; 24-month contract
Salary: £19,800 (pro rata)
Ando Glaso looking to appoint 2 Project Officers for the NLHF-funded project, Roma Empowerment Through Intangible Cultural Heritage. These roles will be part time (.6 FTE), running over 24 months, and will act as the key project staff, organising events, connecting with people from Scotland’s Roma community, recording their heritage and culture, and sharing this through a range of outlets.
The post holders will work closely with the Creative Director to deliver the project outputs as part of a Modern Apprenticeship: the role holders will have the opportunity to achieve a SVQ Level 7 in Digital Marketing as part of their work. Time will be given during working hours to complete coursework as part of this opportunity, which will be assessed by Museum Galleries Scotland. The role holders will also be offered mentoring from an experienced communications professional within the wider heritage sector, with additional development support offered through membership of the Scottish Heritage Social Media Group.
About Ando Glaso:
Ando Glaso (Registered Charity: SC050416) was established in 2016 to encourage greater understanding and participation in the cultural heritage of the Roma people in Scotland. Ando Glaso’s mission is not only to strengthen and support Roma people; but to work with diverse communities and stakeholders across Scotland to celebrate and promote Roma cultural heritage
- Supporting the work of the Creative Director in delivering project outputs
- Working on the initial contact and assessment of potential participants for the project
- Providing technical support for participants
- Creating video and audio recordings with participants
- Liaising with Roma communities
- Providing bilingual support
- Providing support to Roma heritage representatives and content creators
- Reporting to Creative Director
- Helping to organise activities, events, and the annual Roma festival
- Actively contributing to the project’s external evaluation
- Other duties as required by line manager, within the parameters of project work
Project Officers will be expected to undertake travel (a budget for this is provided through the project funding), and some out of hours work may be required.
The ideal candidate will be:
Able to build rapport with strangers and listen carefully to their perspectives and needs;
A fluent speaker of Romanes;
Culturally sensitive, with experience of working with Roma people;
Interested in Roma culture, with some understanding of/interest in Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH);
Good at problem-solving;
Able to communicate confidently, both orally and in written work;
Interested in video/sound recording, social media content production, and digital marketing;
Willing to undertake the SVQ Level 7 in Digital Marketing as part of their role;
In possession of a full driver’s licence and access to a car.
To apply please send us your CV and cover letter expressing why you are interested in the role and tell us about your experiences/aspirations by the 21st of February 2024.
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org