Heritage Project & Roma Cultural Festival - Job Description
16h/week @ £10/h
12 months contract
We are looking for a support worker who will be working closely with our creative director to deliver our 12 months long project, exploring and documenting the living Roma cultural heritage amongst Scotland’s Roma communities. A large number of Roma people will be involved to share their cultural heritage through audio and video recordings. The project will finish with a cultural festival where the created work will be showcased amongst live concerts, talks, workshops, and film screenings.
- Supporting the work of the project coordinator
- Working on the initial contact and assessment of potential participants for the project
- Providing technical support for participants
- Create video and audio recordings with participants
- Travel to locations
- Liaising with Roma communities
- Providing bilingual support
- Providing support to Roma heritage representatives and content creators
- Reporting to project coordinator
- Help organising activities and the festival
- Actively contributes to the project’s evaluation
Is able to build rapport with strangers and listen carefully to their perspectives and needs
Fluent speaker of Romani language
Deals with problems on a daily basis, and has good problem-solving skills.
Is able to teach others and have good writing skills to develop materials or document their progress
Experienced in video/sound recording
Full drivers licence and access to a car
To apply please send us your CV and cover letter expressing why you are interested in the role and tell us about your experiences/aspirations by the 15th of September 2021.
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org